Friday, February 15, 2008

BloggingStocks: Why complain about GE and not JNJ -- a puzzle?

Why complain about GE and not JNJ -- a puzzle?
I have been following General Electric Company (NYSE: GE) and Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) for many years. This is probably very common among investors since both are broadly held, very large-cap stocks. Both companies have illustrious histories, strong management, and have been very rewarding to investors over the years -- but not the past few years!
Both stocks seem undervalued to me and I have been thinking about buying some shares. I own some JNJ already and might want to own GE if I can get it at a deep discount. This got me thinking about another issue. Investors have been expressing their frustration with GE's lack of appreciation over the last few years and some have gone as far as to call for the split up of the company and/or the resignation of CEO Jeffrey Immelt. For some reason Johnson and Johnson has not suffered the same fate. However, when you look at the following chart that shows three year stock performance you will notice great similarity.

read more...

0 comments: